This article relates to Transactor 6
On the Master (live) PC, do a backup. On the new PC which has a new blank or demoted Transactor installation, restore the backup file using the Maintenance Menu or by overwriting the whole tran61/lab/live/data folder.
- Do a normal backup when exiting Transactor.
- Look for the file on the backup drive whatever that is.
- Attach that file to an e-mail or copy to a memory stick. The file format is mmddhhmm.zip(month,month,day,day,hour,hour,min,min.zip - for example, 04081207.zip for a file created on the 8th April at 12:07).
- If you do not already have T6 installed on the new PC, install it now from your CD or download link
- For existing installations, do a backup even it you think this PC doesn't have any useful data on it. A good habit because if you follow this rule faithfully before restoring any data to any PC, it will protect you from accidentally overwriting your live data with an older backup.
- Go to the Windows Start Menu > All Programs > Transactor v61, Maintenance Menu and choose Restore From Backup.
- Select the file that was e-mailed or copied to the memory stick, and click OK.