This article relates to Transactor 6
To perform a backup
- Select Setup Wizard from the Tools menu
- Click Next until you reach the "Data Backups" window. If you do not come across this window it may be hidden, in which case you should return to the start of the Setup Wizard, click the Advanced button, put a tick mark in the box next to "Data Backups" then click OK and try again.
- On the Data Backups windows, tick the box next to "This is the Data Backup PC" and choose the drive letter for backups. "C" is usually the internal hard drive of your PC but we recommend backing up to an external device such as a memory stick, so you will need to know the drive letter for your device.
- The backup file will be created on the specified backup drive if the user requests it when shutting down Transactor. The file name will be MMDDHHMM.ZIP where MM = month, DD = day, HHMM = hour and minutes.
- Ensure Transactor is closed, then open the Maintenance Menu found in the Windows Start Menu > All Programs > Transactor v61 folder.
- Check the "Database Location" shown at the bottom of the window is correct, and update using the "Set Database Location" button if necessary.
- Click the Restore From Backup button, then locate the backup file you would like to restore from.
- Your current data will be backed up, and then the selected backup file will be copied across to become your 'live' data.
- You may now re-open Transactor and check your data