This article relates to Transactor 6
INDEX KEY OUT OF DATE
- Your database index has become corrupted. Use the Maintenance Menu to Re-index the database:
- Exit Transactor and if you are given the option, choose to do a backup.
- From the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs > Transactor v61 then choose Maintenance Menu. Click the button "Re-Index Database". You will see a white window open with scrolling black text while the database is being re-indexed. You will be notified once the process is complete.
- Contact the helpdesk if this does not fix the problem.
- To prevent re-occurrence, ask your IT support technician to check your PC for instability.
PRINT SERVER IS BUSY
- Please view the article "T6: Unable to print"
TRANSACTOR IS UNREGISTERED - PLEASE REGISTER
- Please view the article "T6: Transactor has become unregistered"
YOU HAVE AN UNFINISHED DOCUMENT
This can occur if a job's details are in an incomplete state, such as if the computer crashed or Transactor was closed while a job was being modified. Transactor will automatically show you the job that needs updating by displaying it on the main form - it will also show the job/document number in the title bar of the on-screen message.
You will need to update the appropriate document (which should be on-screen) by selecting Action > Modify or pressing F4, entering any necessary data and booking in or out etc. Of course, if this job is no longer required you can delete it with Action > Delete.
You can also see a list of any documents that are in an incomplete state by using the View > Jobs/Documents menu item and checking through the items prefixed "x---" in the Find box at the top of the window.
If you receive any errors other than those above (such as a General Protection Fault) it may indicate your data is damaged, possibly as a result of a computer crash. In these cases you could attempt to re-index the data but if you have support cover we recommend you give the Transactor Helpdesk a call. You could also try restoring from a recent backup file.
To re-index the database, follow the steps for the "INDEX KEY OUT OF DATE" error shown above.
Creating and Restoring from a backup file: